Mayor Brian Bowman Announces Executive Policy Committee
WINNIPEG - November 4, 2014 – Ushering in a new era of positive change, Brian Bowman, Winnipeg’s 43rd Mayor, tonight reaffirmed his dedication to delivering on his plan to restore confidence and trust in City Hall while working to address Winnipeggers most pressing priorities, including infrastructure renewal, openness and transparency and economic growth.
As part of the swearing-in ceremony and Inaugural Meeting of Winnipeg City Council, Mayor Bowman also announced the Councillors who will comprise the Executive Policy Committee (EPC).
"I am honoured to lead Winnipeg toward a stronger future,” said Mayor Bowman, “and humbled by the overwhelming support I received from across Winnipeg. As we begin the task of working for Winnipeg, I am grateful to be joined at EPC by a team of Councillors who are equally dedicated to moving the City forward with the positive change that Winnipeggers clearly asked for on election day.”
The Executive Policy Committee will be composed of the following six members:
- Councillor Jeff Browaty - (North Kildonan) Chair of Protection and Community Services
- Councillor Janice Lukes - (St. Norbert) Acting Deputy Mayor, Chair of Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works
- Councillor Brian Mayes - (St. Vital) Chair of Downtown Development, Heritage and Riverbank Management
- Councillor Marty Morantz - (Charleswood-Tuxedo) Chair of Finance
- Councillor John Orlikow - (River Heights-Fort Garry) Chair of Property and Development
- Councillor Mike Pagtakhan - (Point Douglas) Deputy Mayor
"I want to congratulate every member of City Council for their willingness to serve the public. I look forward to working with each and every one as we strive to create the modern, thriving and growing City that we all know we can become.”
The remaining Committee and Board appointments will be finalized during the November 12th organizational meeting of City Council.