Mayor Brian Bowman Announces Executive Policy Committee
Winnipeg, MB – Following the Inaugural Meeting and swearing-in ceremony for Mayor Brian Bowman and Winnipeg City Council, Mayor Bowman announced his new team within the Office of the Mayor.
Public engagement is a key focus for the new Office of the Mayor. Along with a positive team, strong in a variety of experience, two existing positions have been designated to help build a more positive and direct relationship between Winnipeggers and the Mayor’s Office: the Director of Community Engagement and the Social Media Coordinator.
“I have the utmost confidence in this team to deliver real results for Winnipeggers, all bring enthusiasm, practical skills and diverse attributes that will be a tremendous asset for the City,” said Mayor Bowman. “We discovered significant opportunities to improve how we can engage with citizens over the past several months and I am very excited to move forward and create a new way of operating at City Hall.”
Mayor’s Office team members include:
- Jason Fuith, Chief of Staff – Fuith is an entrepreneur, engineer, and technology expert. Most recently, Jason served as Campaign Manager to the Brian Bowman Team; he brings an innovative approach, proven leadership skills, and an ability to redefine processes that will be key to building a new City Hall.
- Jana Thorsteinson, Director of Community Engagement - Thorsteinson has worked at a senior level in alumni relations for the past 12 years where she has gained extensive experience in relationship-building and community engagement; she has collaborated with community organizations extensively and possesses a solid understanding of the importance of effective partnerships.
- Kelly McCrae, Policy & Communications Officer - McCrae served as Director of Operations on Bowman’s mayoral campaign and brings nearly a decade of communications, policy and political experience to City Hall.
- Stephanie Harris, Executive Assistant - Harris is an effective communicator with years of experience as a top aide to Bowman.
- Johanna Wood, Social Media Coordinator - Wood managed social media accounts on Bowman’s mayoral campaign and is a passionate engagement marketer with a heart for the community. She brings more than five years of experience implementing social strategy and managing social sites.
- Vivian Armstrong, Administrative Assistant - Armstrong has been a Legal Assistant for 14 years, 5 years as an assistant to Bowman. She served as Office Manager and Volunteer Coordinator on Bowman’s mayoral campaign.
“It is my pleasure to bring this team of dynamic individuals into City Hall and begin to implement the policies and positive change that we campaigned on,” said Mayor Bowman. “Institutional knowledge, however, is also important and I am pleased to have the opportunity to retain the certain individuals who have vital knowledge of City Hall and civic government which will be an excellent benefit to our new team as we move forward together.”
Continuing in their roles in the Mayor’s Office will be:
- Carmen Barnett, Director of Communications
- Jeannine Stotski, Office Manager
- Pieter Prinsloo, Policy Analyst