Executive Policy Committee & Other Mayoral Appointees Receive Mandate Letters
Mandate letters for Executive Policy Committee (EPC) members and other Mayoral appointees have been provided to the incoming Councillors and are being made publicly available, Mayor Brian Bowman announced today.
Mandate letters provide direction on key responsibilities and outline expectations of those serving as Chairperson for each of Council’s six standing policy committees, as well as for those serving as Deputy Mayor, Acting Deputy Mayor, and as the Chairperson for the Winnipeg Police Board.
“Serving as an EPC member demands strong leadership, and this leadership needs to transcend ward boundaries in the interest of building a stronger Winnipeg overall,” said Mayor Bowman. “Mandate letters are an effective way to outline expectations of EPC members, as well as other key appointees, and provide them with the direction necessary to fulfill their responsibilities.”
This is the first time mandate letters have been provided to EPC members and also made publicly available in an open and transparent manner.
“Equally important is allowing public access to the direction and expectations of those in these leadership roles,” said Mayor Bowman. “These are very important and influential leadership positions, and the public should have the opportunity to review what direction and expectations I have of those in these roles. By ensuring the letters are available in an open and transparent way, it also strengthens accountability.”
Mandate letters for the following positions and Councillors are available and can be accessed on the Mayor’s website at www.MayorBowman.ca/priorities:
- Councillor Matt Allard – (St. Boniface) Acting Deputy Mayor
- Councillor Jeff Browaty – (North Kildonan) Chairperson Winnipeg Police Board
- Councillor Jenny Gerbasi – (Fort Rouge-East Fort Garry) Deputy Mayor
- Councillor Scott Gillingham – (St. James-Brooklands-Weston) Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Finance
- Councillor Cindy Gilroy – (Daniel McIntyre) Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Innovation
- Councillor Brian Mayes – (St. Vital) Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Water and Waste, Riverbank Management and the Environment
- Councillor Marty Morantz – (Charleswood-Tuxedo-Whyte Ridge) Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works
- Councillor John Orlikow – (River Heights-Fort Garry) Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Property and Development, Heritage and Downtown Development
- Councillor Mike Pagtakhan – (Point Douglas) Chair of the Standing Policy Committee on Protection, Community Services and Parks