MAYOR BOWMAN PRESENTS 2018 BIZ AWARDS
WINNIPEG – At today’s annual Business Improvement Zones (BIZ) Awards Ceremony Mayor Brian Bowman recognized 16 Winnipeg individuals and organizations that have made contributions to enhance their local improvement zones.
“Business improvement zones play an important role in building our city as well as enhancing pride in our city,” said Mayor Brian Bowman. “It’s great to have an opportunity every year to show our appreciation for all the great work our BIZs do making our communities and city a better place to live, work, and do business. Congratulations all of this year’s award recipients, and thank you for contributing toward a stronger Winnipeg.”
The annual Mayor’s BIZ Awards acknowledge the many contributions made to BIZ zones through marketing, special events and promotions, as well as local area beautification and safety.
The 2018 Mayor’s BIZ Award recipients are:
• John Waldman - Academy Road BIZ
• Luigi D’Amato - Corydon Avenue BIZ
• Sachit Mehra - Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
• Nuit Blanche - Exchange District BIZ
• Carpathia Credit Union - North End BIZ
• Dan Carlson - Norwood Grove BIZ
• Eric Robert - Old St. Vital BIZ
• David Moxley - Osborne Village BIZ
• Shawn Brandson - Provencher Blvd BIZ
• Portage Cycle & Sports - St. James Village BIZ
• Jean-Guy Talbot - St. Norbert BIZ
• Lloyd’s Quick Print - Selkirk Ave BIZ
• Ted McLachlan - South Osborne BIZ
• Glenn Campbell - Transcona BIZ
• Greg Macpherson - West Broadway BIZ
• Rennie Zegalski - West End BIZ
Almost 5,000 businesses are represented across16 BIZs in Winnipeg. Each zone has its own mandate and mission statement, but all work toward enhancing their zone for business members. The Downtown BIZ was established in 1989 as the first BIZ zone, while the St. Norbert BIZ is the most recent addition.