NEW RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT SELECTED IN THE CITY OF WINNIPEG’S NATIONAL SEARCH FOR A NEW CAO
WINNIPEG – A new external recruitment consultant has been selected by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) recruitment committee, announced Mayor Bowman today.
“The last national search was paused to allow the multi-year balanced budget process to unfold and then the global pandemic began,” said Mayor Bowman. “The new recruiter has demonstrated a national reach and an ability to attract a diverse pool of candidates. I look forward to working with the recruitment committee and the new recruiter toward the selection of our new CAO.”
After interviews with national recruiters, the CAO recruitment committee selected People First HR Services.
The consultant’s key responsibility is to conduct a national search as part of sourcing candidates for the position of CAO. As part of sourcing candidates, the consultant is responsible for a host of services including:
- Supporting consultations with individual Councillors on what they feel are important leadership qualities for the next CAO;
- Updating the CAO job description based on feedback received;
- Establishing screening and interview selection criteria;
- Preparing advertisements;
- Receiving and screening applications;
- Creating interview material;
- Identifying a minimum of five qualified, screened candidates; and
- Conducting additional background checks and final reference checks on a preferred candidate.
The recruitment committee will be responsible for conducting candidate interviews together with the assistance of the City of Winnipeg’s Human Resource department.
Submissions in response to the request for proposals were reviewed and evaluated according to the City of Winnipeg’s standard procurement policies and procedures.
The consultant will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the recruitment committee who is also conducting its work under the guidance of the City of Winnipeg’s Human Resources department.
The recruitment committee includes Mayor Brian Bowman, Councillor Ross Eadie (Mynarski), Councillor Sherri Rollins (Fort Rouge-East Fort Garry), and Councillor Matt Allard (St. Boniface).
The recruitment committee is tasked with recommending to EPC the City of Winnipeg’s next CAO. Executive Policy Committee is then mandated by provincial legislation through The City of Winnipeg Charter to recommend appointments of statutory officers, including the CAO, to Council for their consideration.